1996: John Horgan declares THE END OF SCIENCE. 1997: first E. coli genome sequence published. 1998: expansion of Universe found to be accelerating.
- Oh, look, the “Jane Austen Was a Game Theorist” guy. Anyone checked him for fabricated Bob Dylan quotes yet?
- “New Math” as a 1980s thing? Isn’t that about 20 years off?
- And here is the proof that Google autocomplete can’t always be right.
- R. Crumb’s rendition of Philip K. Dick’s gnostic experience
- A Simple Model of Group Selection that cannot be analyzed with Inclusive Fitness
- We Millennials will be tying onions to our belts soon enough. “Last Exit to Springfield”, origin of the onion/belt reference, will be 21 years old this March. #TheMoreYouKnow
- Some Negative Remarks on Operational Approaches to Quantum Theory
- Reinventing Explanation
- Atlas Shrugged: Strawman Has a Point
- Did ancient aliens build giant stone boxes in Egypt?
- Surreal Analysis: An Analogue of Real Analysis for Surreal Numbers
- 5 (more) words that are older than you think: unlike (verb), flash mob, weapons of mass destruction, innit, and hipster
- “Christ, I hate Blackboard”
- “disconnect between perception and reality, among such a powerful segment of the population, is in itself dangerous”
"no matter how gifted, you alone cannot change the world"