All right, I’ve resisted long enough. Sean Carroll has now officially asked if Cosmic Variance should host a physics-themed lolcat contest. My answer:
You’re going to regret this.
I’ve already tossed out a few:
- â€œIm in ur manifolds compactifying ur dimensionz.â€
- â€œM-theory Cat Can Has Background Independence.â€
- â€œIm in ur comitee denyin ur tenur.â€
- â€œIm in ur landscape choosin ur parameturs.â€
- â€œI can has an inflaton.â€
- â€œIm in ur vacyoom eatin ur Higgs.â€
- “Sagan cat has a bilyunz and bilyunz of starz.”
- And for Scott Aaronson, â€œIm in ur oracle solvin ur NP-compl33t problemz.â€
Please, invent “better” ones — and don’t restrict yourself to physics! All science is your playground.
UPDATE (18 May): Welcome, link-clicking Language Log readers! Thanks for the link to the pictures. What can I say, except “Journalist Cat Can Has Snowclone; Im in ur X, V-in’ ur Y; BBC Cat Can Has Silly Seesun. . .”
UPDATE (25 May): See also Lolquarks.
UPDATE (2 June): Via Stranger Fruit comes another SchrÃ¶dinger lolcat:
Originally written 16 May 2007, 19:44 o’clock.
8 thoughts on “Science-Themed Lolcats (Updated!)”
Pictures! We need the pictures! :)
These are great, though I suspect your third one will have a few people crying into their grant applications! How about:
Im in ur gauge group, breakin ur symmetreez.
Im in ur genome, transcribin ur codons.
“I made u a pitchur but i ated it.”
Cyclops Cat Can Has Anencephaly.
Im in ur number field, stealin’ ur identity.
Comments are closed.