Meanwhile, our long cybernetic nightmare continues. Thoughtlessness abounds. Things fall apart; the ice sheets cannot hold. Bloggers demand their due from a system which is ill-prepared to provide it. Satirists strive mightily to invent new jokes about Twilight.
Some things I’ve enjoyed reading recently:
- Two posts by Tom Levenson.
- The most recent from Brian Switek, describing a neat bit of fossil analysis which feeds into a wider discussion of the role palaeontology plays in evolutionary theory.
- Physicist John Baez has a new blog.
- Silvanus P. Thompson’s classic Calculus Made Easy is available ontube and is free for the downloading. This is old news, but it makes me happy.
- Five Things That Are More Important to Rage About Than Twilight.
And this picture has been sitting on my laptop for, like, three generations of meme-time.